Faux Locs Review
I have been hearing/seeing faux locs for a while now and some of my friends told me it’s a perfect substitute to braids especially for naturalistas like me so I thought why not? I was told that it’s a bit costly to make & can be heavy on the head so I used Brazilian wool. From experience, the wool is actually light weight and super affordable too. After searching for a good place to make it, I asked a fellow naturalista (she’s a naturalista herself) and she told me to come make it at her salon.
- The hair took 8 hours to make (yeah my little butt froze at the end). It takes a long process of braiding with attachment first before they start wrapping each braid with wool. Also I did the black and grey ombre so it took a longer time.
- I could not sleep well for two days (or more). For real! I had a stiff neck after the first night because I found a comfortable spot on my pillow and I stayed there.
- It’s actually a bit costly so if you are looking for low-priced hairstyle, this is not your choice. On the good side, it is low maintenance and will last awhile so no hair costs for sometime .
- If you are to make it with Brazilian wool or any wool, make the tips equal. I’m learning this the hard way because the burnt tips of the longer ones are pulling out those of the shorter ones. I’m going to ask my mum to cut them equal for me.
- It’s beautiful to carry. I’ve been enjoying the hair even with my natural face and depending on the styling, it can look glamorous or simple.
- Would I advise you make it? Yes. (You can tell them to leave out the front of your hair a bit if yours isn’t that long like mine so it won’t come off).
The Hair Center Review
I made my hair at The Hair Center and I was totally satisfied because I was ready to tell them “I’m not telling my readers to come here” if it was anything less than satisfactory. They are very good with natural hair and that was the attraction for me.
- The environment is really neat and conducive, I even ate there.
- The stylists are very friendly, not too chatty (they don’t speak on your head) and take corrections well.
- They take their time and do not give any customer preference over another although, I’d advise you book an appointment to secure a space on your desired day.
- Customer service is excellent and they have a good playlist too (The manager is a Disc Jockey and she has really cool songs)
- Their prices are averagely-priced and for the services rendered, they are very okay.
- Would I advise you to patronize them? Yes.
Location: Shop 6a, 1st floor, Hussey Plaza, Hussey Street, Waec bus-stop, Jibowu, Lagos. Phone number: 08094684989
- Brazilian wool (6 pieces at 250 naira)- N1500
- Hair Making- N7000
LoveandKisses from TANG