It is quite easy to identify the plaid skirt with school uniforms but it is a very gorgeous piece especially when styled in a mature way.
I saw a fellow creative, Opeyemi, rock a pretty plaid skirt and some days later, found this piece while shopping for the store. Styling was not really a problem because I knew something would come up, was just glad to have found it. The plaid skirt is a retro item, the print itself is traditional but there have been so many modern adaptations when it comes to the styling. My plan was to keep it simple and chic with a fitted top as well. Although, I know it will really suit different type of tops as well, will try those later.
Midi Plaid Skirt & Bodysuit
The choice was between a black and grey bodysuit and the grey won out because the color just goes with the ones on the plaid skirt. I also love that the lines are moderate sized, although it’s the big ones I have been seeing on the fashion streets, which are really gorgeous, I just was not sure it would suit my style but this is perfect.
The grey bodysuit is ribbed and has a faux wrap feature which is why I love it. It is also very snug and makes me feel sexy when I wear it. You know I am a minimalist when it comes to accessories, for this look, I decided to keep them minimal as well with silver sandals, earrings, box bag and spiced up with red glasses for a little dose of drama.
- The plaid skirt (especially if it’s a neutral color like mine), can be styled with almost any color of top.
- It can also lean the edgy way with boots or casual with sneakers.
- This look can be easily converted to work style with any color of blazer plopped on the top. It can also be a white corporate shirt tucked into it.
- Plaid on plaid is trendy and I’ve been itching to try it. It’s a really bold look but very street style appropriate.
- You can also color block with plaid accessories in other colors like scarves or head pieces.
- A plaid skirt can serve you through all fashion season. It will always be appropriate, just switch up the style to suit the current season trends.
- The plaid skirt is quite versatile so you can have as much fun with it.
Will you be getting a plaid skirt soon? What do you think of this look?
“Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men”.- 1 Corinthians 14vs20.