Bright colors are always on my wish list every year but guess who never fulfills that wish to her heart’s content? Yeah, Me. However, I got to rectify that recently and I got myself quite a number of pieces in bright colors.
Tips on wearing bright colors
- Make it a standalone piece- if it is a dress or pants or top, the best way is to make it the only thing that is popping loudly. Although you can pair with other bright colors like accessories but make sure one item is the star of the outfit.
- Monotone- if you are bold enough, you can rock an entire outfit in one bright color. This is attention-grabbing but also very stylish.
- Neutral Colors- For those who prefer a simpler but chic look, complement with neutral accessories. Shoes and bags in black and nude are the go-to colors.
- Makeup- Unless you are attending a themed event, keeping your makeup simple is the way to go. Of course, you can match the bright colors with your lipstick or hair for the edgy look.
- Fit- I probably should have started with this. If the bright colors are coming from your clothes, please make sure they are of the right fit. It is bad enough that you look shabby in ill-fitting clothes then you’ll also be drawing attention to yourself. It makes it worse.
Trumpet Sleeve Dress
I got this dress from Nigeria’s online shopping website Jumia. The color caught my eye first and then the sleeves because I like pieces with exaggerated details. The dress is really pretty and the fit is exactly as I hoped although, the fabric can be better. I got this and a couple of other pieces from the store 21 Attire on Jumia.
Jumia is having their Fashion & Beauty sales from 8th-20th October! This means you get up to 80% off all fashion & beauty items. You also get an extra N750 off when you use my code FBWXWUMI, no basket size limit. Start shopping, don’t miss out on the sales!!!
Do you like wearing bright colors or you prefer neutrals?
Shop my outfit
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint- Isaiah 40:31